Integrate your Synth Kit with other analog synthesizers like modular synths or analog keyboards!
- Control littleBits module behaviors like the pitch of oscillators, the cutoff frequency of filters and more from your analog synth gear.
- Control analog synthesizers with littleBits modules, like a bend sensor, light sensor or any other input from the littleBits library to create new control interfaces for your synth.
- Sync your littleBits to other gear like Korg’s Volca series.
CV stands for “control voltage” and is a widely used term in the realm of analog synthesizers. A control voltage is a variable voltage signal that is used to control module behaviors ranging from the pitch of oscillators to the cutoff setting of filters and more. The CV module can be used for both CV and Gate/Trigger type signals used in analog synthesizers. The module is suitable for interfacing with modular analog synths, analog keyboards, as well as groove boxes like the Korg Volca series. The “Sync” ports employed in the Volca series of synths can be used to make your littleBits modules play in sync with your Volcas or vice versa. The 3.5mm connection jacks should be used with mono 3.5mm plug phono cables.
The CV module can scale incoming voltages as high as 12V down to the 5V system the littleBits system employs. To use the CV module to control your other littleBits modules, connect the control device to the “CV In” jack. CV signals that come in through the "CV In" jack are routed to the output bitSnap™. The "CV In" jack is a switching jack so that any CVs coming in through the input bitSnap™ are not routed to the bitSnap output. When using the CV module as an input, you can control the pitch of oscillator modules, the cutoff of filter modules, trigger the envelope module, or control the speed of the micro sequencer module (put the micro sequencer into “Step” mode for this).
To use the CV module to control your other CV enabled synthesizer equipment, connect the control device to the “CV Out” jack. CV signals received from littleBits modules at the input bitSnap™ are routed to the "CV Out" jack and the output bitSnap™.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- What is the better tech, innoBits or littleBits?
We get a lot of interest from parents and educators surrounding littleBits and innobits. Especially the difference between the two products. Both are magnetically connected electronic building blocks. Both products empower people to invent and create...
- The One Wand to rule them all!
Wands are cool, right? That's what Trinity, Adele, and April were thinking of our recent littleBits Workshop, down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. Their inspiration for this project came straight from the films, in particular, the magic wands that Harry and co use throughout the Saga. They went a bit above a typical wand though, using a pressure sensor alongside a fan, buzzer, and bar graph to make their wand light up...
- littleBits Death Eater Skull!
Remote Controls are magical enough to recreate this awesome Death Eater Skull. You can switch it on from across the room and make it glow an evil green! Jake and Nathan built this invention at a littleBits Workshop down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. At first, they tweaked an RGB LED Bit to be the perfect green and after some additions and problem solving they ended up with this remotely controlled Skull lamp. Just a...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.