The NAND module is a logic gate with two inputs. Think of it as “not and.” The NAND module will always send an on signal unless both input one and input two are receiving an on signal. It’s the exact opposite of the AND module.
Real World Example
Think of a car with two doors. When the doors are closed, they activate inputs. Inside the car, a light shines if the either or both of the doors are open. The light goes off when both doors are closed.
The first lunar landing module computer was made up entirely of thousands of NAND gates!
Full lesson plan about logic available here.
Check out littleBits Tips + Tricks for more ideas on using the NAND module.
- Dimensions (mm): 12.7(H) x 26.92(W) x 29.9(D)
- Product Weight: 0.02 lbs (0.01 kg)
- Recommended Age: 8+
- SKU: 650-0086
- UPC: 859477003980
- Extra Materials Circuit Diagram - PDF
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- What is the better tech, innoBits or littleBits?
We get a lot of interest from parents and educators surrounding littleBits and innobits. Especially the difference between the two products. Both are magnetically connected electronic building blocks. Both products empower people to invent and create...
- The One Wand to rule them all!
Wands are cool, right? That's what Trinity, Adele, and April were thinking of our recent littleBits Workshop, down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. Their inspiration for this project came straight from the films, in particular, the magic wands that Harry and co use throughout the Saga. They went a bit above a typical wand though, using a pressure sensor alongside a fan, buzzer, and bar graph to make their wand light up...
- littleBits Death Eater Skull!
Remote Controls are magical enough to recreate this awesome Death Eater Skull. You can switch it on from across the room and make it glow an evil green! Jake and Nathan built this invention at a littleBits Workshop down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. At first, they tweaked an RGB LED Bit to be the perfect green and after some additions and problem solving they ended up with this remotely controlled Skull lamp. Just a...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.