The XOR module is a logic gate with two inputs. Think of it as “exclusive or,” meaning that it sends an on signal when it’s receiving an on signal exclusively from one input or the other, but not both.
Real World Example
The XOR is great for projects in which the activation requires alternation. Because the output is only true when one input is true, this circuit can be used to make sure that only one event happens at a time. The XOR also works well in scenarios in which you want one button to start an action, and the other button to stop it.
Full lesson plan about logic available here.
Check out littleBits Tips + Tricks for more ideas on using the XOR module.
- Dimensions (mm): 12.7(H) x 26.92(W) x 29.9(D)
- Product Weight: 0.02 lbs (0.01 kg)
- Recommended Age: 8+
- SKU: 650-0087
- UPC: 859477003997
- Extra Materials Circuit Diagram - PDF
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- What is the better tech, innoBits or littleBits?
We get a lot of interest from parents and educators surrounding littleBits and innobits. Especially the difference between the two products. Both are magnetically connected electronic building blocks. Both products empower people to invent and create...
- The One Wand to rule them all!
Wands are cool, right? That's what Trinity, Adele, and April were thinking of our recent littleBits Workshop, down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. Their inspiration for this project came straight from the films, in particular, the magic wands that Harry and co use throughout the Saga. They went a bit above a typical wand though, using a pressure sensor alongside a fan, buzzer, and bar graph to make their wand light up...
- littleBits Death Eater Skull!
Remote Controls are magical enough to recreate this awesome Death Eater Skull. You can switch it on from across the room and make it glow an evil green! Jake and Nathan built this invention at a littleBits Workshop down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. At first, they tweaked an RGB LED Bit to be the perfect green and after some additions and problem solving they ended up with this remotely controlled Skull lamp. Just a...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.